Be Still

I love the beach. 

I love everything about it, the sound of the water and the seagulls. 

The bright sunshine reflecting on the water and the wind blowing in my face. 

There's a certain peace that I get just by being on the beach.





I haven't had the opportunity to walk the 30 seconds it takes to get to this beautiful beach from my apartment. I'm not exaggerating, it really does take less than a minute to get here and I really haven't had time to come. I've been so busy with everything that every time I get home, I am either so tired or I have tons more work to do.




Today though, I managed to walk along the beach. It made me realise how in the past few months I've been so busy that I've missed out on the things I love, while focusing so much on getting everything done. Now that I am writing on here, I am realising how much I missed that too.




I must admit, I got so busy with classes, placement  and assignments that I forgot about the importance of balance in life. I guess it is now a lesson learnt as exhaustion has led to me being sick.

I needed that though because resting wasn't really in my plans for this break.

I needed a reminder to stop and be still.




Even if it meant taking a few minutes to just go to beach and watch in awe at how everything comes together in such beauty. 




"And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, 'Peace, be still.' And the wind ceased, and there was great calm" Mark 4:39

What winds are you facing today? Take all your worries, cares and storms to Jesus, for when He says, 'Peace, be still', the wind and the waves obey his voice.




It doesn't matter how many times I've been to the beach, this verse comes to my mind and I am still amazed by this truth each and every time. Maybe that is why I love the beach so much.





2 comments:

  1. Amazing post. The photos are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Letty! I am glad you like the pictures too, I am only learning :).

      Delete

What do you say?

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hey!

My name is Nomsa! Jesus is my first love! After that comes family and friends closely followed by baking, writing, singing, Pinterest and all things cake!