baking therapy

My earliest baking memory is when I was in Africa, sitting on the kitchen floor attempting to copy exactly what my mum was doing on the counter and, if I remember correctly, we were making scones with jam centers! That's how it started, since then, baking has always had a special place in my heart! Nowadays, I can get lost in creating and recreating a number of different goodies. I enjoy experimenting with new textures and flavours.

Thankfully Sadly, I don't have any pictures of me then, but fast forward to about two decades later, and baking is still one of my favorite activities. I love everything about baking. Right from the challenge of deciding what to bake and how to bake it, to actually preparing it and then afterwards, enjoying the taste. All the fun stuff aside, I think the real reason why I love baking is because of the way it makes my house smell. My usually smells like two kinds of cake, sometimes carrot cake, and sometimes banana cake, but this past week I've been so busy in the kitchen (and it smelt amazing).



We had peach coconut cake with coconut cream frosting drizzled with peach coulis it was my first time and I made it just by experimenting. It was so good, I hope I'll be able to recreate it...



We had cinnamon and sugar pull-apart bread and I got this fantastic recipe from this amazing blog. This was also a first for me but the recipe is so simple and easy to follow! I also managed to make two versions, one original and one gluten free (for my gluten intolerant brother).

I also made cornbread to go with a delicious lentil and carrot soup that we had for lunch on Saturday (no picture, sorry) and we ended with my favourite of all time, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (again...no picture).

I love watching my family's reaction when they take their first bites! It makes all the hard work worth it!

What are your favourite baking memories and/or recipes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hey!

My name is Nomsa! Jesus is my first love! After that comes family and friends closely followed by baking, writing, singing, Pinterest and all things cake!