redeemed,

I just moved back home after almost two yeas of doing mission work. Of course the first few days were great, being reunited with family, eating home cooked food, sleeping in my own room, and so many other delights. However, after long periods of time away from home, reverse culture shock sets in and if you're not prepared for it, it can really knock you down. Confusion of what exactly is normal is a major factor, added to the idea of now trying to fit yourself into everyone's busy schedules. You would never expect moving back home to be a strange and lonely experience. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I am home with my family because I missed them all so much.

This week I was really feeling kind of disconnected and I couldn't really explain why. One of my problems is that I am not good with expressing myself words at all, especially when I am at my most vulnerable state. This can be one of the most frustrating things for my family. In comes...music, I love all kinds of music and somehow when I can't figure out what is going on in my head, I can find a song that explains it perfectly. Music opens up a whole new world for me, it's a language that I can understand!

Coming back from church, I was sitting in the dining room when I came across this song and it somehow gave me a warm feeling in my heart. It reminded me of God's love for me and it made me realise that although I felt like my world was falling apart, it was okay because God was going to put together the pieces in a way that I never would have been able to on my own.The song is "redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave.



What song has made a difference to you recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Hey!

My name is Nomsa! Jesus is my first love! After that comes family and friends closely followed by baking, writing, singing, Pinterest and all things cake!